等持院 (京都府京都市北区等持院北町63 – 臨済宗天龍寺派の寺院)
Although there are several theories on how this temple was built, but one of them states that this temple was founded in 1341 by Ashikaga Takauji (足利尊氏- the first Shogun during the Muromachi era) with the guidence given by the legendary Zen Buddhist, poet, and a garden designer called, Muso Soseki (夢窓疎石), who was also known as a Zen teacher, calligraphist, poet. It became the memorial temple for Takauji after his death. Consequently, this temple became the funeral temple for the Ashikaga shoguns. This temple has been restored many times.