Sanzen-in was established during the early Heian Period by Saicho. Its location was moved to the current one in 1871. The name, Sanzen-In, has been used since 1871. It was called, among many, Kajii-Gosho/梶井御所, etc. The vertical thrust of the trees in blue shade firmly supported on the green earth in this composition remind us of the mighty pillars which support the temples and the shrines. Only the ceiling here is the heaven itself.